- Task 1 is mostly complete. The excavation was completed and while the work was being done an issue with the private stormdrain was discovered. This issue was repaired at the time of the excavation. The area was backfilled and the outfall monitoring is ongoing. There was one instance of contaminated runoff leaving the outfall area.
- Task 2 is mostly complete. 10 monitor wells and 3 recovery wells have been installed on-site. It sounds like another well will be installed and the report outlined in Task 2.g of the CAP is still owed and MDE should get that soon. As soon as it is reviewed, it will be posted on the MDE webpage in the previous email.
- Task 3 is being completed every Tuesday and Thursday. The school is concentrating its efforts close to the building (where the stormdrain issue was noted in Task 1 summary). This area has a higher concentration of contamination and is why it is being the focus of this Task. The report mentioned in Task 3.e is still owed but will be provided in the near future. It will also be posted on the MDE website.
- Task 4 - 7 are being done.
- Task 8 requires a quarterly report which will be sent to MDE and posted on the website.
Spa Creek Conservancy - Home
Leaders, organizations and individuals working to protect and restore the Severn River environment will meet to share information on objectives, successes, challenges and disappointments, plans, needs, and opportunities for collaboration. This invitation is directed to those whose interests are focused primarily on the Severn River and its watershed rather than on larger and/or different ones.
SEVERN RIVER ENVIRONMENTAL SUMMIT
“Together for Results”
Monday 30 September 2019
Clubhouse, 134 Sherwood Forest Rd, Sherwood Forest, MD 21405
Families are invited to learn about Spa Creek at the Kids on the Creek event, Saturday August 24 from 11am-3pm at the Truxtun Park Boat Ramp, Annapolis.
Join in the fun on this day to celebrate and learn about Spa Creek. It is free for the community.
- Free boat rides begin at 11:30am
- Free food and drink
- Scavenger Hunt with prizes will have kids exploring Truxtun Park and learning about the critters that live there
- Seining and Fishing identification and counting with a fish biologist
- Native plants will be available for those who want to create pollinator gardens.
Limited number of boat rides available. First-come, first-serve.
Save time and click here to pre-register for a boat ride at this link.
*Boat rides are for children ages 5 and up. Due to limited space only one parent allowed with children ages 5-8. No parents for children over the age of 8.