What does nature mean to you? Everyone sees nature through a different lens, and we want you to show us your view!
Announcing the Spa Creek Conservancy Photo Contest, “What’s Your Nature?”
Photo by Jack Turner. Heron at Truxtun Park, Annapolis
Celebrating the beauty of the four creeks of Annapolis and sponsored by Spa Creek Conservancy. Photos must be taken in or around one of the four creeks in Annapolis. (Back Creek, College Creek, Spa Creek, Weems Creek). Enter in one of 2 Divisions - Amateur Photographers or Student Photographers (13-18 years). Categories are:
- Fish and Wildlife
- Outdoor Recreation
- Scenic Landscapes
- Nature in Action -- storms, sunrise, sunset, all of those things that Mother Nature sends our way
Submission: July 15 – August 28. Online voting for Favorite Photo: August 20-30. Scroll down or click next for rules and entry form!
Official Rules for Spa Creek Conservancy Photo Contest “What’s Your Nature?”
Winners will be notified no later than September 10 and officially announced on September 16 at PaddleFEST.
• Photo will be enlarged, mounted on foam board, and displayed at PaddleFEST with photographer’s attribution.
• Winning photos will be posted on SpaCreek.net and the Spa Creek Facebook page.
• Winners will receive one free admission to PaddleFEST ($50 value) and a $25 VISA gift card
• Winners will receive an Official Certificate of recognition from Spa Creek Conservancy
The SCC Digital Photo Contest is open to all amateur photographers. Professional photographers and SCC Board Members are prohibited from submitting photos.
1. By submitting an entry to the Photo Contest, entrants certify that their participation in this Photo Contest is not illegal or in violation of any law, or regulation. The SCC designated selection team reserves the right to reject any entry if, indecent or inappropriate or if it does not meet the contest criteria.
2. In addition to the photographer’s submission release, you should require model releases for those images that show people. A written release by a person included in a photograph is required to be submitted with submission.
• Submission begins on July 15, 2017 (digital submissions only)
• Submission ends August 20
• Voting for most popular is August 20 – 30.
• Winners displayed at PaddleFEST Sept 16
The Photo Contest Submission Period begins at 12:00am EST on July 15, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm EST on August 20, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
ENTRY FORMAT AND RESOLUTION
Photo submissions require 1,024 pixels at a resolution of 72 dpi. Winners must be able to produce high resolution images at 300 dpi for printing AND the image must contain enough information to make a print of 18” x 24” size.
One photographer may submit 3 photos per category. Enter as many categories as you like
• Photos must have been taken between January 1, 2015 and August 20, 2017
• Photos must be taken in or around one of the four creeks in Annapolis. (Back Creek, College Creek, Weems Creek, Spa Creek)
• Amateur Photographers
• Student Photographers (13-18 years)
• Fish and Wildlife
• Scenic Landscapes
• Outdoor Recreation
• Nature in Action -- storms, sunrise, sunset, all of those things that Mother Nature sends our way
Only minimal edits to adjust brightness and color and cropping are allowed.
THE FOLLOWING SUBMISSIONS ARE INELIGIBLE
• Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright and photographs of persons without the necessary consent required by law in your jurisdiction.
• Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
• Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
• Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
COST PER ENTRY
Submission fees are as follows:
Students submissions are free
2 -3 photos - $10
4 photos - $15
5 -6 photos - $20
7 photos - $25
8-9 photos - $30
10 photos - $35
Submissions must include:
• Location of photo
• Description of Subject Matter
• Photographer’s name, e-mail, telephone number, street address, city, state, zip
A panel of three judges will determine the selection of winners in each category. Categories of judging are as follows:
• Most popular overall
• Best in Each Category
DISPLAY & VOTING
Entries will be reviewed before final posting to eliminate spam and inappropriate images. Entries will be displayed as quickly as possible. Allow 24 hours to view posted photos. All entries will be displayed on SpaCreek.net. Anyone may vote but only one vote per computer is allowed.